Saturday, February 16, 2008

Man kills woman's son - gets charge of attempted murder

He didn't want to be a father:
...After the sentencing, Knapp said Bryan was scared of being a bad father.

"One day he just snapped," she told the Chronicle Herald. "The only way he could get rid of the baby was to get rid of both of us."


The child's mother is completely disabled:

...I cannot work anymore, I can't walk properly, I lost my son (who) was my future. My mother has had to give up her entire life so she could take care of me, because I can't take care of myself anymore."

4 comments:

Raphael Alexander said...

At least he got 14 years. That's not too bad. He'll be out quicker though, I'm sure.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Oh, I'm sure he'll be out in a few years.

It's quite amazing that the mother survived though.

Fortitudine said...

How awful. He stabbed her 15 times in the stomach with a sword! That's unreal. It's unbelievable that she's still alive.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

He really wanted to make sure that little boy didn't live.