(Reposted from Blue Like You - April 14, 2011)
We are at a pivotal moment in Canadian history.
You can either vote for (A) a stable, competent government by giving the Conservatives a majority or you can vote for (B) the following:
- a coalition that would present a comprehensive alternative program that challenges corporate domination, putting the interests of working people and our environment ahead of the pursuit of profit.
- a platform based on the key objectives of peace, jobs, sovereignty and democracy.
- a federal strategy for full employment. This must include action to stop and reverse the loss of manufacturing jobs; a massive program to build new social and non-profit housing; expansion of health care, education and social programs; a major investment in urban mass transit.
- tax reforms that place the burden on corporations and the very wealthy.
- a foreign policy based on peace, disarmament and global environmental justice. in order to combat the frightening agenda of the Harper government which is determined to weaken and even remove the civil liberties of Canadians, under the guise of its so-called "law and order" campaign.
Broadly speaking that pretty much sums up the combined policies of the opposition parties, right?
Well if you find yourself agreeing with Option B rather than Option A, the Communist Party of Canada will be very happy to accept your vote.